The Enterprise was successful in applying for a grant from the former North Yorkshire County Council Stronger Communities fund.
This project runs alongside the Wild about the Woods project and aims to:
- To provide more opportunities for volunteering
- To provide a range of outdoor activities that will provide an alternative to the current provision
- To create a new sustainable business model that could be used to preserve other areas of underused natural resource within the county
- To provide a natural resource that could particularly suit the needs of certain groups such as disability groups, youth groups and groups focusing on mental health issues.
- Be a resource in the Scarborough area that can be used to promote healthier lifestyle and encourage walking for health
This project got underway in early 2017 so please check back for updates.